Larry A. Law
First priority: Reduce exposure to EMFs emanating from inside your home.
1) Purchase a meter to measure what and where EMFs occur. Dr. Mercola recommends several sources in his resources section at the back of his book.
2) Reduce or eliminate Wi-Fi from routers and computer devices. If possible, revert to cord and cable technology like Ethernet. Make sure to switch off the laptop's wireless button or icon so it does not continue to emit a Wi-Fi signal once you are connected to a wired network.
3) Take control of your cell phone. Use airplane mode when carrying it on your body and when not using it. Avoid using the cell phone when the signal is weak as it has to emit higher energy to connect to the nearest tower. If possible, wait until you have full bars; even then always use the speakerphone to keep the device away from your body. Avoid using Bluetooth technology.
4) Minimize EMFs in the bedroom. Avoid sleeping with your cell phone unless it is in airplane mode or powered off completely. If this isn't possible, make sure it is at least 6 feet away from you. Don't put it under your pillow or in your bra. Putting it in a Faraday bag can offer additional protection. Consider using a regular alarm clock--not your cell phone. Don't use wireless chargers for your cell phone. Use a standard charger and keep the cord far away from the bed. Consider using a corded landline telephone when you are home.
Second priority: Increase the distance between you and the EMFs you can’t avoid.
1) Remember Newton’s Inverse Square Law. If you move 1 foot away from a source of EMFs, you reduce your radiation exposure to one-fourth (2 feet is one-sixteenth the exposure)
2) Limit cell phone contact with your body; use the speaker phone option to talk; use airplane mode till you need the device
Third priority: Reduce outside sources of EMFs.
1) If your community has access to fiber optics networks, use them. Radiation does not emanate from fiber optics and they are far superior to Wi-Fi networks for fixed locations.
2) Don’t live near or under power lines, cell phone towers, radio/TV stations. You are not a tree--you can move!
Fourth priority: Shield yourself and your home from EMFs.
This can be difficult to do effectively and may be expensive.
1) Place a shield around smart meters installed by the power company to keep the EMFs from emanating into your home.
2) Utilize EMF-shielding paint for bedrooms, Faraday bags, EMF protective clothing and sleeping tents where needed.
3) Help your body repair the damage from EMFs by using intermittent fasting/restricted eating, exercise, and plant-based supplements including magnesium. A healthy immune system is designed to protect and repair damage done to the body. See my book for more of those suggestions.
You cannot usually feel or see EMFs. But they affect us nonetheless. It is important for long-term health to reduce exposure to harmful radiation. The body is an amazing thing and can tolerate many conditions. But a constant barrage of harmful radiation is not good over time. An atmosphere covers the earth to protect us from damaging solar radiation. Space travel is limited for human beings because of the dangers involved and the difficulty of shielding astronauts from ionizing radiation. As we move into a 5G world, we need to actively pursue ways to limit our exposure and rejuvenate our bodies by grounding ourselves to the earth. Gardening where our hands are in the dirt, hikes in nature's wilderness, swimming in pools and oceans, and scheduled downtime away from technology and television (things like reading a paper book) can do wonders for increasing our health and vitality.